Creamy Vegan Garlic Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients20 m servings 438 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F; toss tomatoes in a bit of olive oil and sea salt. Place cut side up on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes while you prepare the rest of the dish. Then set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. When done, drain, cover and set aside.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and the garlic and shallot. Add a pinch of salt and black pepper and stir frequently, cooking for 3-4 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons flour (or as needed to thicken) and mix with a whisk. Once combined, slowly whisk in the almond milk a little at a time so clumps don't form. Add another healthy pinch of salt and black pepper, bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes to thicken. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. (Optional: You can also add a few shakes of vegan parmesan for extra flavor at this time if you wish)
- If you want an ultra creamy sauce, transfer sauce to a blender (or use an immersion blender) to blend the sauce until creamy and smooth. Place back in pan and reduce heat to a low simmer until desired thickness is reached.
- Once the sauce is to your desired thickness, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Then add pasta and roasted tomatoes and stir.
- Serve immediately and garnish with extra black pepper, fresh basil and/or vegan parmesan cheese.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can use less pasta if you like your pasta a bit saucier. And use your preferred type: penne, linguine, fettuccine.
- You can substitute 1 cup vegetable stock for 1 cup of the Almond Breeze Original.
Per Serving: 438 calories; 10.6 g fat; 71.2 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 242 mg sodium. Full nutrition