Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients30 m servings 327 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spread asparagus on a bare baking sheet. Drizzle with oil of choice and season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then set aside. If making croutons, reduce heat to 325 degrees F at this time.
- Heat a large saucepan or pot medium heat. Once hot, add 2 Tbsp oil and shallot and garlic. Season lightly with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Reduce heat if garlic begins browning.
- Add peas, vegetable broth and almond milk and season with salt and pepper once more.
- Transfer soup to blender along with asparagus (reserve some for garnish if desired). Blend soup until creamy and smooth. Transfer back to pot and bring to medium heat and simmer.
- Add nutritional yeast and whisk. Continue cooking until warmed through and simmering, then reduce heat to low.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt and pepper if desired. Remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- If serving with croutons, prep while soup is simmering by lowering oven heat to 325 degrees F.
- Add bread cubes to a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil and seasonings and pour over bread cubes and toss to combine. Season once more with a bit more garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss once more.
- Spread on a clean baking sheet (or the one you used earlier) and bake or 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip/stir at the 10-minute mark to ensure even baking.
- Serve soup with croutons and a touch of black pepper and/or vegan parmesan cheese. Leftovers keep covered in the fridge for up to a few days, though best when fresh.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 19.1 g fat; 33.6 g carbohydrates; 9.5 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 609 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1