Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese from Almond Breeze
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 421
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Combine the butternut squash, Almond Breeze, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and nutmeg in a pot. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the squash is tender.
- Add the butternut squash mixture to a blender with the white beans and blend until completely smooth. A stick blender should also work here, if you prefer.
- Transfer butternut squash/bean mixture back to the pot (no heat yet). Add the cheese a little at a time, stirring until melted and incorporated. Then, add the kale.
- Return the pot to heat and cook over low heat until kale is wilted. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain, then mix with the sauce.
- Serve mac & cheese immediately or pour into a baking dish, top with additional shredded cheese, and broil until golden brown and bubbling.
You might also like
Per Serving: 421 calories; 11.8 63.7 19.5 31 370 Full nutrition