0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 548
Original recipe yields 8 servings (1 loaf)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan or a square baking pan.
- Stir flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Dissolve baking soda into applesauce and mix into the creamed butter. Stir in 1 teaspoon orange extract. Add flour mixture and mix batter until smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out just slightly sticky, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl with the electric blender until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract. Add confectioners' sugar gradually and beat until well combined. Spread frosting onto cooled cake.
- Cook's Notes:
- Be careful not to overbake, for this bread can dry out easily. Just remember when testing for doneness that the toothpick shouldn't come out clean, but a little sticky.
- You can decorate the cake with chopped candied orange peel or candied ginger if desired.
Per Serving: 548 calories; 21.6 85.5 4.8 61 615 Full nutrition