Rice Crispy Wings
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 35 m servings 522
Original recipe yields 2 servings (1 pound chicken wings)
- Place split chicken wings into a mixing bowl. Sprinkle with salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss to evenly coat pieces. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Watch Now
- Place rice flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken wing pieces in small batches in the flour and transfer to a plate. Arrange pieces so there is some space between them; allow wings to sit out for 15 minutes before frying. Watch Now
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels; place a draining rack on the towels.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Transfer wings to oil; fry until inside is crispy and golden brown and chicken is cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Watch Now
- Remove wings from oil with a slotted spoon and drain on a rack placed over paper towels. Watch Now
You might also like
- Chef's Notes:
- If using fine salt instead of kosher salt, reduce amount from 1 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Before you dredge the wings in flour, you're free to spice these anyway you want. Other than the salt, everything else is up for grabs.
- This can be scaled up to however large a batch you need. I usually allow 1/2 pound of wings per person for a party.
- If you're doing a larger batch, be sure to give the wings a toss or two during the refrigeration time. By the way, two hours would be a minimum, but if you want, you can leave these overnight with the seasoning.
Per Serving: 522 calories; 35.1 33.5 17.2 46 1004 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1