Mint Mocha Cookies
made it | 0 reviews |
"Two decadent things I love love love to get this time of year are white chocolate peppermint mochas (just a sip gets me singing a Christmas song) and peppermint bark yummy! These inspired my creativity to tweak a recipe my sister-in-law suggested for chocolate-mint brownie cookies. Next time, I'm going to make sure I grab a coffee and enjoy them together yum!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients28 m servings 222 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine 3/4 the chocolate chips with coffee in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat. Melt, remove from heat, and stir. Repeat this process, stirring until smooth, 4 to 6 minutes total. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat butter, white sugar, brown sugar, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract in a large bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the melted chocolate. Beat in the flour mixture gradually. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and creme de menthe chips. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sides are set but centers are still soft, 8 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes. Press your thumb into each cookie; top thumbprints with crushed candy canes.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl in 15-second intervals, stirring after each melting, 1 to 3 minutes. Drizzle over cookies.
Per Serving: 222 calories; 9.9 g fat; 32.8 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 26 mg cholesterol; 89 mg sodium. Full nutrition