made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h servings 2235 cals
Original recipe yields 2 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9x5-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream sugar and butter in a large bowl with an electric blender until light and fluffy; stir in 1 teaspoon orange extract. Mix baking soda into applesauce and stir into butter mixture. Add flour mixture and mix until batter is smooth. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of a loaf comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack until cool, about 1 hour.
- Combine cream cheese, vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon orange extract in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in confectioners' sugar gradually. Spread frosting over cooled loaves. Decorate with crystallized ginger.
- Cook's Note:
- You can also use chopped candied orange peel to decorate the ginger loaf.
Per Serving: 2235 calories; 86.6 g fat; 352.8 g carbohydrates; 19.2 g protein; 245 mg cholesterol; 2462 mg sodium. Full nutrition