Peanut Butter Caramel Rolls
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My husband's grandma came up with this recipe one day while she was making rolls and discovered she was out of cinnamon. Since her family loved peanut butter, she decided to make caramel rolls with a peanut butter filling. The results: a delicious recipe handed down from one generation to the next. We now use a bread machine to save time."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 15 m servings 338
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 rolls)
- Place flour, water, white sugar, egg, 1/4 cup butter, milk powder, yeast, and salt in a bread machine in the order listed by the manufacturer. Run Dough cycle, 1 to 2 hours.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Roll out into a rectangle. Spread 1 tablespoon butter over the dough; spread peanut butter over the butter. Sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar on top.
- Roll up the dough carefully starting at the long end; pinch seams together. Slide a piece of thread or dental floss under the dough; crisscross end to cut the dough neatly into twelve 1-inch rolls.
- Place rolls on a buttered baking sheet. Cover with a slightly dampened towel and let rice in a warm place until almost doubled in volume, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter together in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a slow boil, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Pour sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Place rolls over the sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Invert pan onto a baking sheet.
Per Serving: 338 calories; 15.9 44 5.9 49 324 Full nutrition