Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 33 m servings 327 cals
Original recipe yields 27 servings (27 rolls)
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble, about 5 minutes. Sir in salt, shortening, and 1/2 cup sugar. Let cool until lukewarm, at least 10 minutes.
- Dissolve yeast in a bowl of 1/4 cup warm water. Pour into the milk mixture; add flour and eggs. Mix well; cover loosely with damp cloth and let dough rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Cover and let rise again until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll into three 9x15-inch rectangles. Spread each rectangle with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture equally over the 3 rectangles. Roll each rectangle tightly beginning at the long side. Cut into 9 equal slices, yielding 27 rolls total.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, 3/4 cup butter, pecans, and corn syrup in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture equally into 3 baking pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until caramel is bubbly, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place 9 rolls in each pan. Let rise again until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Bake in the hot oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Invert rolls onto another dish or aluminum foil immediately. Serve warm.
Per Serving: 327 calories; 14.6 g fat; 46.1 g carbohydrates; 4.4 g protein; 35 mg cholesterol; 203 mg sodium. Full nutrition