Caramel Apple Cake and Glaze
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 46 m servings 582
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 tube cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup fluted tube baking pan (such as a Bundt(R) pan).
- Combine white sugar and vegetable oil in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment; beat in eggs and stir in vanilla extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture until just blended. Stir in apples and pecans by hand to form a very heavy batter. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave cake in the pan.
- Combine butter, brown sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook until a thickened glaze is formed, about 1 minute.
- Pull the cake away from the sides of the pan with a fork. Pour glaze onto the cake immediately. Let cake cool in pan, about 10 minutes.
You might also like
Per Serving: 582 calories; 31.2 71.8 5.5 67 278 Full nutrition