Delicious Caramel Apple Poke Cake
1 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 543
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch cake)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Combine white sugar, oil, and eggs in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add apples, flour, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, and cinnamon; beat until a thick batter forms. Spread batter in the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Poke holes in the hot cake with a fork.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, heavy cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 1/2 minutes. Pour immediately over the warm cake. Let cake sit for 3 hours to soak up the glaze.
- Cook's Note:
- We usually don't wait the entire 3 hours after adding the glaze to eat it because we are too impatient. After an hour is still just as good, in my opinion.
Per Serving: 543 calories; 30.5 65.2 3.9 61 403 Full nutrition