Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients16 m servings 175
Original recipe yields 36 servings (4 1/2 cups)
- Melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in brown sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk milk into the saucepan until mixture is smooth.
- Beat 3 cups confectioners' sugar and salt into the butter mixture with an electric mixer on low speed. Add remaining confectioners' sugar 1 cup at a time, beating until smooth.
- Cook's Notes:
- If desired, garnish frosting with chopped nuts or chocolate chips.
- Substitute half-and-half for milk, if desired.
Per Serving: 175 calories; 5.2 33 0.2 14 46 Full nutrition