Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 206
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 baking sheet)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray. Reserve 2 tablespoons of almonds and sprinkle the rest evenly over the foil.
- Combine brown sugar and maple syrup in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and caramel mixture comes to a full boil, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn oven off once preheated; place prepared baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the saucepan with the caramel mixture. Add butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 300 degrees F (149 degrees C) or until a small amount dropped into ice water forms a hard, brittle strand, about 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and immediately pour the caramel mixture over the almonds. Spread evenly to about 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle remaining almonds and chocolate chips over open spaces. Spread chocolate evenly once melted. Let brittle cool completely, at least 30 minutes. Break into pieces.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- Use any nuts you like.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 9 32.4 1.6 10 34 Full nutrition