Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 206
Original recipe yields 24 servings (1 baking sheet)
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray. Reserve 2 tablespoons of almonds and sprinkle the rest evenly over the foil.
- Combine brown sugar and maple syrup in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and caramel mixture comes to a full boil, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Turn oven off once preheated; place prepared baking sheet in the oven to warm.
- Attach a candy thermometer to the saucepan with the caramel mixture. Add butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 300 degrees F (149 degrees C) or until a small amount dropped into ice water forms a hard, brittle strand, about 20 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and immediately pour the caramel mixture over the almonds. Spread evenly to about 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle remaining almonds and chocolate chips over open spaces. Spread chocolate evenly once melted. Let brittle cool completely, at least 30 minutes. Break into pieces.
- Cook's Note:
- Use any nuts you like.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 9 32.4 1.6 10 34 Full nutrition