Meat-Lovers' Vegetarian Chili
Ingredients6 h 55 m servings 300
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add bell peppers, poblano peppers, onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook and stir until soft, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine hot vegetable broth and TVP in a bowl; stir and let sit until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Add to the slow cooker.
- Place diced tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, tomato paste, beer, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, chili powder, cocoa powder, seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cumin, oregano, liquid smoke, black pepper, and sugar into the slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Cook chili on Low for 6 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use your favorite beer!
- For low-moderate spice, start with 1/2 to 1 jalapeno, but 2 or 3 (or more!) may be needed if you like it hot. I'd recommend starting on the low side and checking the spice level after 3 to 4 hours of cooking, adding more jalapeno as needed.
- The longer this chili cooks, the better. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a large pot and simmer on the stove over low heat for 4 to 6 hours.
Per Serving: 300 calories; 9.1 32.7 25 0 1347 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is excellent. I'm not sure why it calls for 6 T of olive oil divided because the other 3 T don't show up anywhere else in the recipe. Neither does the nutritional yeast that I bought specif...
Delicious! We used 2 cups of Gardien beef less ground for the TVP. Also, because people in the house like to decrease the hot spice, we only used one orange pepper rather than the peppers recomm...
This is amazing vegetarian chili, with great depth of flavor. I am not usually a vegetarian chili fan and have tried numerous recipes in the past. This is BY FAR the best!