Shannon's Stuffed Delicata Squash
made it | 0 reviews |
"This relatively simple recipe makes a lovely presentation as a side or main dish. Delicata squash is a mild squash similar to butternut, which is a suitable replacement squash if you cannot find delicata. This is a great recipe for experimentation. Consider adding to your turkey mixture: red bell pepper, curry, or pine nuts. For a filler, you could add brown, white, or wild rice. Or experiment on your own. Enjoy!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients58 m servings 302
Original recipe yields 8 servings (4 squash halves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash cut side-down on a shallow baking dish with about 1/2 inch water at the bottom.
- Bake in the preheated oven until fork-tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add turkey, bacon, garlic, turmeric, cumin, safflower, and sea salt; cook and stir until turkey is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add chard and just enough broth to create steam. Cook until chard is wilted and liquid has evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Drain any remaining liquid from under the squash. Flip squash cut side-up. Spread goat cheese equally over each squash half; fill cavities with the turkey mixture.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter together lightly in a bowl; spread evenly over the squash halves. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Return squash to the oven and bake under the broiler, watching closely, until bread crumbs are golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using a convection oven, bake squash at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- You may substitute any mild green for the chard.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 19.2 19.1 17.2 62 318 Full nutrition