Purple Yam Pancakes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"These savory pancakes are made with purple yams, also known as ube or water yams, and filled with ground meat and chicken. I am serving them with a spicy mushroom sauce. If you prefer it less spicy, use fewer chiles."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 640
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook and stir mushrooms and 1/2 chopped onion until soft and translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add butter.
- Combine tomatoes, bell pepper chunks, onion, chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, parsley, cilantro, and garlic in a blender; blend until almost smooth.
- Stir blended tomato mixture, vegetable bouillon cube, thyme, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper to the skillet with the mushrooms and stir until well combined. Add vegetable broth, soy sauce, and enough water to make a sauce. Cover and simmer until sauce has thickened, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Combine purple yams, flour, 1 onion, eggs, 2 teaspoons salt, and garlic powder in the bowl of a food processor; pulse until blended. Fold red bell pepper into batter using a spatula and season with paprika, chile powder, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop batter by large spoonfuls onto the skillet. Spoon some of the ground beef and some of the ground chicken on top of each pancake; cover with a few more spoonfuls of batter. Cook pancakes until evenly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the other side, 2 to 3 minutes. Cover skillet and let pancakes cook over low heat until beef and chicken are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with mushroom sauce.
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use ground pork instead of ground beef.
- Work with 2 skillets simultaneously if you like. That way all the pancakes are ready at the same time.
Per Serving: 640 calories; 19.1 91.8 30.6 118 1470 Full nutrition