20-Minute Basil, Chicken & Tomato Rice
Ingredients31 m servings 404
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken strips and cook until they are just done (4 to 6 minutes).
- Add onion, red pepper slices, and fresh garlic.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until vegetables barely tender (4 to 5 minutes).
- Add water, tomatoes, and rice.
- Cover pan and continue cooking until mixture just comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking until rice is tender or liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes).
- Remove cover; stir in basil leaves and Parmesan cheese. Refrigerate leftovers.
Per Serving: 404 calories; 11.5 43.1 31.2 69 768 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
This dish was very good! I had most of the ingredients in my pantry and fridge so I searched this recipe using the ingredient search tool. I'm trying to cook healthy without going too overboar...
Made this for tonight's supper and it was great! I needed a recipe that would use up the fresh basil, tomatoes, peppers that were bordering on not being usable and this was the ticket! I used ...
I actually found it a bit bland. I used real tomatoes rather than canned and didn't have the Uncle Ben's rice so used Quinoa. Maybe the rice would have made a difference but I tend not to buy ...
We loved it! I put a little basil in about half way thru cooking, then added the rest at the end as the directions state. My grocery didn't have the Uncle Ben's rice, so I substituted Knorr's ...
added a bit more onion and garlic. and cut the water some otherwise it was soupy.
I did change it because I used what I had on hand. I used Goya yellow rice and broccoli. I accidentally opened a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. This made the "will make again" list. G...