Pumpkin Spice Creme Brulee
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 18 m servings 610
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Beat egg yolks in a large bowl; mix in 1/3 cup sugar and salt.
- Combine heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract in a pot over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the temperature of the liquid reaches 158 degrees F (70 degrees C), 2 to 4 minutes; do not overheat.
- Pour hot cream mixture slowly into the beaten egg yolks. Pour cream-egg mixture slowly through a sieve into a separate bowl. Let settle until froth is reduced, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cream-egg mixture into 4 Mason jars. Flash the tops of the cream with a kitchen torch to remove any bubbles. Place lids on jars and finger tighten. Immerse jars in a water bath with a sous vide cooker set to 176 degrees F (80 degrees C); cook for 1 hour.
- Remove jars and let cool until safe to handle, at least 15 minutes. Prepare a large bowl with ice and water.
- Place jars in the ice bath until completely cool, at least 20 minutes. Remove lids and sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar over the surface of each creme brulee. Torch the tops slowly using low gas at a moderate distance from the jars until sugar caramelizes, a few seconds each. Let stand until surfaces harden, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- If making these ahead of time, tighten lids and refrigerate jars for up to 5 days after cooling in the ice bath.
Per Serving: 610 calories; 50.8 34.5 6.5 470 97 Full nutrition