Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients5 h 19 m servings 385
Original recipe yields 14 servings (14 cups)
- Pour half-and-half and milk into a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring intermittently, until heated through, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, stevia, and flour together in a bowl. Add slowly to the hot milk, stirring constantly. Add vanilla beans and continue so stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg yolks in a bowl until smooth. Add about 1 cup of the hot milk mixture to the egg yolks gradually, whisking constantly.
- Pour egg-milk mixture back into the main milk mixture in the saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened to the consistency of heavy cream, about 4 minutes; do not allow the mixture to boil. An instant-read thermometer inserted into custard should read at least 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, discard vanilla beans, and let cool completely, at least 30 minutes.
- Mix rum, brandy, and bourbon into the custard. Pour into a container and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate custard until well chilled, at least 4 hours.
- Pour 2 cups of the chilled custard into a blender; add ice cream and blend until smooth. Pour ice cream mixture back into the chilled custard and mix together thoroughly.
- Beat heavy cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer just until stiff. Fold whipped cream into the chilled custard mixture, completing the eggnog. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, and cloves together and pour into a shaker. Serve individual portions of the eggnog with a dusting of topping.
- Cook's Notes:
- If using medium eggs, count 16 egg yolks.
- Vanilla frozen yogurt can be substituted for the ice cream.
- For whole spice equivalents, crumble 3 blades of mace and 2 whole cloves.
Per Serving: 385 calories; 14.7 45.9 8 216 158 Full nutrition