Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 753 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 11-inch ring mold)
- Mix cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, ginger, and cloves together in a bowl.
- Combine warm water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer; stir to dissolve yeast. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, pumpkin, dry milk, and salt. Add 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon mixture and 2 1/2 cups flour. Beat on low speed for 3 minutes. Beat in another 2 1/2 cups flour gradually. Knead dough until smooth. Work in additional flour as needed to form a stiff dough.
- Transfer dough to a large greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sprinkle 1/2 cup walnuts into the bottom of an 11-inch ring mold.
- Pour remaining 3/4 cup melted butter into a bowl. Mix remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar into the cinnamon mixture.
- Punch down dough. Divide and roll into 2-inch balls. Dip each ball into the melted butter, roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and place in the ring mold over the nuts. Continue to layer dough, sprinkling remaining 1/2 cup walnuts and raisins between layers.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 30 to 45 minutes. Cool in the ring mold for 10 minutes. Invert carefully onto a large plate.
- Cook's Note:
- If possible, use a ring mold without a removable bottom, as the butter leaks out if not sealed well.
Per Serving: 753 calories; 31.8 g fat; 109.6 g carbohydrates; 12.1 g protein; 62 mg cholesterol; 492 mg sodium. Full nutrition