Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 131 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 medium or 6 large muffins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix Cheddar cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, milk, and egg together in a separate bowl. Stir into the flour mixture just until moistened. Pour into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool briefly on a wire rack.
- Cook's Notes:
- If you want crispy muffins, use a cast iron skillet. Preheat it with a little olive oil on the sides and bottom, then pour your batter in, bake, and enjoy!
- Frozen spinach works just fine.
- You can use a boxed cornbread mix (such as JIFFY®) if you are pressed for time. Follow the instructions on the box and add the spinach, artichokes, and Cheddar cheese.
Per Serving: 131 calories; 2.4 g fat; 22.8 g carbohydrates; 4.2 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 270 mg sodium. Full nutrition