Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 695
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Combine chopped tomatoes, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, heavy cream, tomato paste, sour cream, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, and cooked garlic in a large bowl and season with Italian herbs, salt, and pepper. Mix in penne pasta and spread into the prepared baking dish. Cover with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use a handful of fresh herbs like basil and oregano instead of the Italian seasoning.
- If you want to save on calories you can substitute part of the cream with milk, but with cream it is to die for!
Per Serving: 695 calories; 37.3 69.5 24.9 90 638 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This was a rare dish that everyone in my 6-person family ate. Creamy and tomato-y! A keeper for us!