Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 238 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Place shortening and chocolate squares in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir cocoa mix into the melted chocolate; mix in sugar and eggs. Add flour slowly and mix thoroughly. Mix in marshmallows. Pour batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use butter in place of shortening if preferred.
- You can also use a king-sized dark chocolate candy bar instead of the unsweetened chocolate.
- If you don't have a double boiler, you can boil a small amount of water in a saucepan and fit a metal bowl or smaller saucepan on top.
Per Serving: 238 calories; 14.1 g fat; 27.7 g carbohydrates; 2.4 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 31 mg sodium. Full nutrition