Frozen Hot Chocolate with Evaporated Milk
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Kimberlee Michele Kelley Grave
"The rich chocolaty deliciousness of hot chocolate, refreshingly frozen. My son and his friends cheer when I make this decadent treat! Top each serving with whipped cream. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips or chocolate shavings, if desired. Serve with a straw or spoon."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 579
Original recipe yields 10 servings (5 cups chocolate sauce)
- Place semisweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, sugar, hot chocolate mix, and butter into the top of a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula to avoid scorching, until chocolate chips start to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Stir evaporated milk slowly into the chocolate mixture until chocolate chips are halfway melted, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; continue stirring sauce is until smooth and velvety, about 2 minutes more. Mix in vanilla extract. Let sauce cool to room temperature, at least 20 minutes.
- Place 1 cup chocolate sauce, 4 cups ice, and 1 cup milk in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth; pour into 2 individual glasses. Refrigerate the remaining sauce.
You might also like
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of chocolate sauce. The actual amount of chocolate sauce consumed will vary.
- Cook's Note:
- Make 2 servings at a time with the leftover chocolate sauce. Blend 1 cup sauce, 4 cups ice, and 1 cup milk for each batch.
Per Serving: 579 calories; 29.8 72.6 10.6 41 196 Full nutrition