Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 28 m servings 622
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a large roasting pan with butter.
- Combine potatoes, apples, carrots, and sweet onion in the bottom of the roasting pan and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Season roast with salt and pepper on all sides and rub with sage. Dust with flour on all sides.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown roast on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add roast to the pan.
- Combine hard apple cider, apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup oil, and honey in a bowl and whisk well; pour over roast and vegetables. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast reads at least 150 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 1 hour more. Remove from oven, cover, and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can also use 1 teaspoon dried sage instead of fresh. Mix it with the flour and dust roast with it on all sides.
- For apples to remain crisper, add only during last 30 minutes of cooking.
Per Serving: 622 calories; 18.1 62.9 48.9 126 161 Full nutrition