Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownie Tortes
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 645 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 2-layer brownie tortes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Stir brownie mix, oil, eggs, and water together in a bowl until well blended. Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Let brownies cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat until fully incorporated. Beat in cinnamon and ground chile pepper.
- Cut brownies into an even number of circles using a cookie cutter. Poke small holes into brownies with a toothpick. Brush on coffee, making sure it seeps into the brownie. Spread cinnamon-chile whipped cream on top, cover with another brownie circle, and pipe or spread more whipped cream on top. Repeat with the remaining brownies and whipped cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- Use plain chile powder without added spices.
- You can use espresso in place of coffee if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making brownies are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 645 calories; 46.5 g fat; 56.7 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 128 mg cholesterol; 237 mg sodium. Full nutrition