Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownie Tortes
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients57 m servings 645
Original recipe yields 8 servings (8 2-layer brownie tortes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Stir brownie mix, oil, eggs, and water together in a bowl until well blended. Pour batter into the pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 22 to 25 minutes. Let brownies cool completely, at least 20 minutes.
- Beat cream in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add sugar gradually, continuing to beat until fully incorporated. Beat in cinnamon and ground chile pepper.
- Cut brownies into an even number of circles using a cookie cutter. Poke small holes into brownies with a toothpick. Brush on coffee, making sure it seeps into the brownie. Spread cinnamon-chile whipped cream on top, cover with another brownie circle, and pipe or spread more whipped cream on top. Repeat with the remaining brownies and whipped cream.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- Use plain chile powder without added spices.
- You can use espresso in place of coffee if desired.
- Editor's Note:
- The directions for making brownies are based on the particular brand mentioned. Follow instructions on the box if using a different brand.
Per Serving: 645 calories; 46.5 56.7 5.4 128 237 Full nutrition