Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Simple brownies made with Mexican hot chocolate disks. Great way to use them up! Enjoy! This recipe was borne from a desire to use up Mexican hot chocolate discs, which have a lot of sugar and some oil already. I used Ibarra® brand and the brownies were fantastic with a mild cinnamon flavor. I wouldn't try to substitute this ingredient."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 156
Original recipe yields 16 servings (16 small brownies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine instant coffee and boiling water in a bowl.
- Melt chocolate tablets and butter in the top of a double boiler set over a pot of simmering water, about 5 minutes. Add coffee, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Mix the chocolate mixture and flour together in a second bowl.
- Beat eggs together in another bowl. Combine eggs and chocolate-flour mixture. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and surface is glossy, about 20 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- You can use 1 shot of espresso instead of the coffee powder if preferred.
Per Serving: 156 calories; 9 18 2.2 39 82 Full nutrition