Ingredients1 h servings 302
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Butter the inside of an 8-inch glass baking pan.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, oil, white sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, salt, and ginger together in a large bowl. Transfer 1/2 cup of the mixture into a second bowl for the crumble topping; stir in remaining 2 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Whisk baking powder and baking soda into the flour mixture.
- Beat buttermilk and egg together in a measuring cup to combine. Pour into the large bowl of flour mixture; add apples. Stir until just blended and no pockets of flour remain. Pour mixture into the prepared pan; cover with the crumble topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry, 40 to 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 302 calories; 12.2 45.4 4 20 279 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
Perfectly moist, not too sweet, this was such a hit. I took a few liberties: Because I didn't have ginger, I sprinkled a little rum, maybe 1 tablespoon, over the chopped apples. I didn't pee...
I made this today exactly as stated. Very good! We topped it with cool whip. I will add walnuts or craisins next time, This is a simple recipe and I will be making it again!
Made it exactly as wrtten except added chopped pecans to topping. Used Granny Smith apples . It was excellent served warm for brunch. Will definitely make again.
Lots of cinnamon flavor--I especially love the spice-centric topping, and if you're in the mood for apple cake, this is a quick way to satisfy your fall cravings! Delicious!
One of our favs!! I mix the crumble with all four tsp of cinnamon just to keep it simple. Easy and DELICIOUS!! I use an 8” pan and notice it takes 65 mins for 8”.