Spicier, Cheesier Stuffed Jalapenos Wrapped in Bacon
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients40 m servings 87 cals
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 stuffed jalapenos)
- Slice caps off the jalapeno peppers; reserve. Core and seed the peppers.
- Cut pepper Jack cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut each slice into sticks the thickness of a pencil. Stuff jalapeno peppers with as many cheese sticks as will fit. Secure caps back on the jalapenos, using at least 2 toothpicks per pepper.
- Wrap 1 slice bacon around each jalapeno pepper. Keep bacon secure by skewering the end on one of the toothpicks.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill jalapeno peppers, watching for flare-ups, until bacon is browned, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You may need to grill the peppers in batches. I have also had luck placing them on the warming rack at the top of the grill and they will still get cooked to done there.
Per Serving: 87 calories; 6.9 g fat; 0.5 g carbohydrates; 5.4 g protein; 20 mg cholesterol; 269 mg sodium. Full nutrition