Monster Chocolate Cupcakes for Halloween
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"Who doesn't love a monster? After my kids watched the movie 'Monsters, Inc' they wanted me to make them monster cupcakes and I obliged...and now we make them every year, especially during Halloween."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 4 m servings 316
Original recipe yields 12 servings (12 chocolate cupcakes)
- Combine milk and vinegar in a bowl. Let stand until milk curdles, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line cups with paper liners.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, and vanilla sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and curdled milk to the creamed butter mixture, mixing until batter is well blended. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted in the center of 1 cupcake comes back clean, about 14 minutes. Cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Combine cream cheese and 1/4 cup butter in a bowl; beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract. Stir in confectioners' sugar gradually. Color frosting green with a few drops of food coloring.
- Place green frosting in a pastry bag fitted with a grass tip. Hold the pastry bag at a 90-degree angle 1/8 inch above the surface of a cupcake. Squeeze bag to form green 'fur' by pulling tip up and away when the icing strand is about 1/2 inch high. Repeat to cover cupcake evenly with fur. Add 2 eyes to each cupcake.
Per Serving: 316 calories; 20 32.1 4.5 83 133 Full nutrition