Ingredients27 m servings 180
- Place squash halves cut side down on a cutting board. Slice into 3/8-inch slices. Transfer slices to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil; add salt and cayenne pepper. Toss to coat squash with oil.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Arrange squash pieces in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Place in preheated oven until bottom of slices is browned and squash is tender, 12 to 18 minutes.
- Chef's Note:
- Bake times will vary depending on the thickness of the squash slices.
- My "Pumpkin Spice Aioli" was mayonnaise seasoned with garam masala, turmeric, and hot paprika to taste.
Per Serving: 180 calories; 7.1 31.3 2.4 0 1172 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
I'm usually not a big fan of winter squash, though I recently turned to roasting some diced butternut and enjoyed it. I'd never had Delicatas, and after seeing this method I had to try it. These...
I've made this twice as an appetizer and my guests and family love it. Make a double batch, they go fast!
This is an incredible, and incredibly simple, recipe. I made this for family dinner and everyone loved it, from the toddlers to the seniors. Roasting these crisp makes them a lot like french fri...
This was easy and very good. I was out of cayenne, so I made it with the olive oil, pepper and ground ginger. Everyone liked it. I will definitely make it again.
I have never had this type of squash before, how you made it was easy and tasty and didn’t take much time to make it. My 2yrs old son loved it and I enjoyed it in a chicken, spinach’s salad I ma...
This was a real discovery to me, I too thought these squashes were just decorative. This recipe is like making healthy candy, the squash is that sweet, and flavorful. The main problem is the pri...