Puff Pastry Pinwheels with Bell Peppers, Cream Cheese, and Salami
"These puff pastry pinwheels are my favorite party finger food and people love them. The chopping takes a bit of time as you want to make sure that the bell peppers and salami are very finely chopped. I sometimes use half peppered salami and half regular salami as well to cut down on the pepper. They are easily made in advance and then you only have to bake them when your guests arrive."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 104
Original recipe yields 45 servings
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper until soft but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Mix bell peppers, salami, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and egg in a bowl. Season with paprika.
- Dust a flat work surface lightly with flour. Unroll both puff pastry sheets and roll out to 2 large rectangles. Spread bell pepper mixture over the puff pastry, leaving a 1-inch border. Roll puff pastry up tightly like a jelly roll and place in the freezer until filling hardens, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line 2 or 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove puff pastry rolls from freezer and slice into 1/2-inch-thick slices; lay 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven on the center rack until lightly browned and puffed up, 20 to 30 minutes.
You might also like
- Cook's Note:
- I often make a double batch and freeze the prepared rolls. That way I always have some quick finger food at hand. You can bake them from frozen, but the baking time might be a bit longer.
Per Serving: 104 calories; 7.8 5.6 2.5 15 167 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1