Ingredients1 h 3 m servings 349
- Cook the Italian sausage in a large pot over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain off grease and transfer sausage to a plate.
- Cook bacon to the same pot until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove and drain, leaving about 2 teaspoons of bacon grease in the pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Return sausage and bacon back into the pot; stir in chicken broth, water, and bouillon cube. Season with pepper and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Stir in cauliflower and simmer until almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add kale and half-and-half; simmer until kale is wilted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
- Cook's Notes:
- I cut the bacon into the pot with a pair of scissors. They will break apart as they cook.
- You can skip the water and bouillon by adding enough chicken stock to equal 5 cups. I like the flavor that the bouillon adds to the recipe.
Per Serving: 349 calories; 22.5 17.1 20.2 58 2564 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 14
Loved this! I follow a ketogenic lifestyle and this is perfect! The only change I made was to use heavy cream instead of half and half. This makes huge portions, so I ended up slitting it into ...
I switch the order to cook the meat and cook the bacon first, then the sausage. I also use my homemade sausage and use two pounds instead of 1. Another way to boost flavor is to roast the caulif...
This turned out really tasty! I added some herbs. I used spinach instead of kale and a little less cauliflower than it called for. I threw some mushrooms in too. Overall very good and I’ll be ma...
Very good, easy too! I used 1 1/2 lb Italian sausage w/giardinierre. I used chopped fresh spinach, instead of kale. I used a large head of cauliflower, chopped, and I didn't measure to see if...
I normally do not like to make changes to a recipe out of respect for the author, at least until I try it as intended, but this time I was a victim of circumstance and carelessness. First of a...
This was a delicious low carb option. I have shared it with several family and friends. It is one of my go to favorite soups.
This recipe was child-proof!!! How can something so easy be so delicious AND keto friendly! Thank you for sharing!!????
This was really good. I added about a tsp of Italian seasoning. I cut the cauliflower in half and there was plenty in there! Only 4 stars because I didn't like the way the bacon got soggy (I w...