Ingredients50 m servings 298 cals
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli and elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over low heat. Add onion; cook and stir until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add flour; cook until golden and well combined, about 1 minute. Raise heat to medium-high. Whisk in milk and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sauce is smooth and thick, about 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Stir Cheddar cheese into the sauce; add the cooked broccoli and macaroni. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Spray cooking spray on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, 15 to 20 minutes. Place under the broiler; cook until breadcrumbs are golden, about 3 minutes more.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 11.4 g fat; 34.9 g carbohydrates; 13.9 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 386 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
My husband and I both really liked this! I used frozen broccoli florets, and just heated them up until all the extra moisture from them was gone. I added a touch of turmeric in addition to salt ...
Creamy and yummy. I used jalapeno white cheddar (as this is what I had on hand) but would like to use sharp cheddar next time. Used 1 onion. Substituted almond milk for regular milk. I will defi...