Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 8 m servings 537
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spread eggplant slices on 2 baking sheets. Brush each side lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until slices are soft and floppy, about 25 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, cinnamon, and oregano. Add chicken strips; cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in red wine, water, and tomato paste. Simmer sauce until thickened, 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Measure cornstarch into a bowl. Mix in yogurt slowly until no lumps remain. Mix in eggs and nutmeg.
- Grease a baking dish with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the bottom with a layer of eggplant slices. Top with 1/2 of the chicken mixture. Repeat layers once more, ending with eggplant slices on top. Pour yogurt mixture on top, carefully smoothing it out.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping is golden and bubbling, 40 to 45 minutes. Let moussaka rest for 30 minutes to ensure slices don't fall apart.
- Cook's Note:
- Substitute white wine for the red wine if preferred.
Per Serving: 537 calories; 27.3 28.6 39.3 170 479 Full nutrition