Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 196
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a large, 12x18-inch rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine 14 tablespoons butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture and eggs to the creamed butter mixture. Spread batter onto the prepared baking sheet; dough is very sticky, so use a spatula to spread it onto the tray. Distribute sliced apples evenly on top and drizzle with lemon juice. Sprinkle with raisins.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and lightly browned, about 30 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- For extra flavor, melt 2 tablespoons butter and brush onto the cake as soon as it comes out of the oven and sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons sugar.
Per Serving: 196 calories; 8 30.2 2.6 40 101 Full nutrition
How can I make my cakes moist?
Why do my cakes fall?
My cakes do not rise evenly – they are tall in the middle, and slope down to the sides. What am I doing wrong?
Ask Your Question
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I like this cake. I bought a box of wonderful Fuji apples and wanted to make some things that I hadn't made before. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because I think the temperature for bak...