Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 271 cals
Original recipe yields 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups butter, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time and beat after each addition until well combined. Mix in flour and baking powder on low speed until well combined; mix in lemon zest.
- Spread dough on the prepared baking sheet. Use a spatula as dough is very sticky.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set, about 20 minutes. Let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Mix confectioner's sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and brush glaze onto the cooled cake. Allow to dry, about 15 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Instead of glazing the cooled cake, you can mix 5 tablespoons lemon juice with 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, poke cake with a fork all over, and drizzle lemon syrup over the cake when you take it out of the oven.
Per Serving: 271 calories; 13.4 g fat; 35.5 g carbohydrates; 3.2 g protein; 78 mg cholesterol; 84 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
really quick and easy to make and whole family loved it. I make my own vanilla sugar by sticking used vanilla beans into a jar of sugar and after a couple of weeks the sugar has a great vanilla ...