Easy Coconut Sheet Cake
"This is my go-to coconut sheet cake when I am entertaining a lot of people or I need to bring something for a potluck. It is made with buttermilk which makes it super moist and delicious and it is very easy to make. Depending on what I am making it for, I either cut it into little square bites or regular-sized coconut cake pieces."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 329
Original recipe yields 20 servings
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Grease a large, rimmed baking sheet with butter.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat 1 3/4 cups sugar and eggs in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined. Add flour mixture and buttermilk alternately in 3 or 4 batches, beating after each addition on low speed until well combined. Spread batter onto the prepared baking sheet, smoothing out with a spatula.
- Mix coconut flakes with 1/2 cup sugar and sprinkle evenly over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set and lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour heavy cream all over the cake while cake is still hot. Cool completely for about 1 hour, then cut into squares or rectangles.
You might also like
Per Serving: 329 calories; 14.6 45.7 5.2 56 197 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Great cake! everybody loved is and baking time was right. I was surprised, too, at the low baking temperature, but cake came out great. Cake is fairly thin and light, so baked through great and ...