Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 518
- Turn on a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and select Saute function. Add sugar and butter to the pot; stir until butter melts, about 5 minutes. Add milk and cocoa powder. Whisk until smooth and starting to bubble, about 5 minutes. Remove pot and let chocolate mixture cool, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into a small bowl. Reserve for drizzling over the cake.
- Whisk eggs, one at a time, into the remaining chocolate mixture in the pot. Add flour and baking soda; mix thoroughly.
- Return pot to the cooker. Close and lock lid. Select Cake function according to manufacturer's instructions. Set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Switch to Warm function after timer goes off. Set timer for 30 minutes.
- Unlock and remove lid; lift out pot. Run a knife around the sides of the pot to release cake. Place a serving plate on top. Invert cake onto the serving plate.
- Poke holes in the cake with a toothpick or sharp knife. Drizzle reserved chocolate mixture slowly over the cake, letting it absorb the chocolate.
Per Serving: 518 calories; 26.8 65.2 8.2 155 285 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Like the other review said it didn't work...or so I thought. I followed all the directions and was very disappointed that it was the consistency of pudding to the touch when it was "finished". ...
Well I started making this cake at noon. It's 10:30 at night and it's still not cooked
I put this on the rice setting then after it was done i let it sit on warm for 45 min. It came out perfect!