Gluten-Free Sandwich Cookies with Dulce de Leche (Alfajores)
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 222
Original recipe yields 24 servings (24 alfajores)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk cornstarch, flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Whisk in egg yolks, one at a time, until well combined. Add lemon zest and vanilla extract with the last egg. Fold into flour mixture with a spoon, mixing until dough holds together and turns into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Roll out dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut cookies with a small round cookie cutter and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until set but not browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove immediately to cool on a wire rack.
- Spread underside of a cookie with 1 teaspoon dulce de leche. Sandwich together with another cookie until filling comes out on the sides. Roll sides in the shredded coconut.
You might also like
Per Serving: 222 calories; 10.3 31.3 1.8 48 97 Full nutrition