Tres Leches Cake with Dulce de Leche
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 5 m servings 339
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 9x13-inch baking dish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan and dust with flour.
- Beat egg whites in a glass, metal, or ceramic bowl until foamy. Add 1/4 cup sugar gradually, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is completely dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks in a separate bowl until creamy. Add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and continue beating until pale yellow and creamy. Fold into egg whites.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a bowl. Fold in egg mixture; add lime zest. Pour mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden, about 30 minutes. Turn off oven and keep the cake in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream in a bowl until well combined.
- Poke cake several times across the top with a fork. Pour three-milks mixture over cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow milk mixture to soak in. Spread dulce de leche on top.
Per Serving: 339 calories; 15.5 42.1 9.1 131 181 Full nutrition