Potato Carrot Soup with Leeks and Kale (Instant Pot®)
4 made it | 0 reviews |
"This hearty, fall soup gets its lovely, golden color from the carrots. I prefer to use all-organic produce, and think it tastes better, though it isn't required. I make it in the Instant Pot®. However, I've included instructions for other methods as well. Serve garnished with carrot leaves."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 206
Original recipe yields 12 servings (6 quarts)
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and the select Saute function. Add bacon; cook and stir until nearly crisped, about 5 minutes.
- Chop kale stalks into small pieces; place into the pot with the bacon. Add leeks and carrot. Cook and stir, scraping the bottom of the pot, until leeks are almost tender, about 5 minutes. Add kale leaves, carrot greens, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook, continuing to scrape the pot, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in potatoes and enough broth to reach the max fill line.
- Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 13 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Stir in Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- Cook's Notes:
- I like to double the bacon and vegetable saute amounts, and scoop out half the mixture to freeze for another batch (or other soup/stew) before adding the potatoes and broth.
- You can substitute chicken broth or vegetable broth for the beef broth if preferred. Homemade vegetable or bone broth is ideal!
- If you prefer a vegetarian/vegan version, omit the bacon and saute the veggies in oil of your choice.
Per Serving: 206 calories; 5.9 31.7 8.3 15 272 Full nutrition