Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 525
Original recipe yields 6 servings (1 whole chicken)
- Turn on a multi-cooker (such as Instant Pot(R)) and the select Saute function. Add olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper; place in pot breast side-down. Cook until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn and cook until other side is browned, about 5 minutes more. Turn off Saute function.
- Pour milk into the pot with the chicken. Add lemon zest, garlic, sage, salt, and cinnamon. Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 25 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Let chicken rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove lid. Remove chicken from the sauce; take chicken meat off the bone and cut into bite-size pieces. Place meat back into the sauce; stir to combine.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- You can substitute fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried sage or thyme for the sage.
- If you have a lot of caked-on browning, it could possibly interfere with browning. Rather than cleaning out the pot I would recommend deglazing. To deglaze, take chicken out of the pot and set aside. Add a small amount of milk (or water or chicken stock) to the pot on Saute function. Scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add more liquid, a small amount at a time until you've released all the browning. Turn off Saute function, add the chicken back to the pot, and proceed normally.
Per Serving: 525 calories; 45.6 8.5 21.7 84 504 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I liked this dish, and am very happy to see new IP recipes. I wasn't sure about using the cinnamon stick, but added it anyway. It actually added a nice and very subtle flavor that I appreciated....