Bean-Free Chili For Two
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"It's hard to recipe hunt when it's just the two of you - everything seems to be tailored for families of 4 or more (or with the intention of having massive leftovers). I've begun to learn the art of cooking for 2, and with a primal outlook... beans are a no-go. This chili is my take on my Polish grandmother's recipe - it's not too spicy but very savory. This recipe gave us 2 decent-sized bowls each. Enjoy and feel free to tweak to your liking!"
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 321
Original recipe yields 4 servings (4 bowls)
- Combine beef, green pepper, and onion in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook and stir until beef is browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, tomato juice, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne; mix well. Cover and cook until sauce begins to bubble gently, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour wine into the sauce. Cover and simmer over low heat until flavors combine, 2 to 3 hours. Stir every so often to prevent soup from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute minced garlic for the garlic powder if preferred.
- Let chili simmer as long as you like in step 3. You can easily add a can of your favorite chili beans if you eat them.
Per Serving: 321 calories; 14.2 22.4 23.4 69 1074 Full nutrition