Air-Fried Cinnamon and Sugar Doughnuts
"I love hot cinnamon doughnuts, but don't like or have all the oil to make the recipes. This version uses an air fryer. By using less oil, I can use tastier oil, thus my choice is butter. Serve and eat hot. Like traditional doughnuts they are much better hot than cold."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients41 m servings 276
Original recipe yields 9 servings (9 doughnuts)
- Press 1/2 cup white sugar and butter together in a bowl until crumbly. Add egg yolks and stir until well combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl. Place 1/3 of the flour mixture and 1/2 the sour cream into the sugar-egg mixture; stir until combined. Mix in the remaining flour and sour cream. Refrigerate dough until ready to use.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Roll dough out onto a lightly floured work surface to 1/2-inch thick. Cut 9 large circles in the dough; cut a small circle out of the center of each large circle to create doughnut shapes.
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Brush 1/2 of the melted butter over both sides of the doughnuts.
- Place 1/2 doughnuts into the basket of the air fryer; cook for 8 minutes. Paint cooked donuts with the remaining melted butter and immediately dip into the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Repeat with the remaining doughnuts.
- Cook's Note:
- Cook time may vary by the strength and capacity of your air fryer; check and adjust accordingly.
Per Serving: 276 calories; 9.7 43.5 4.3 66 390 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1