Keto-Friendly Low-Carb Bread
0 made it | 0 reviews |
"My husband is diabetic. He loves this and it doesn't make his sugar levels spike! I think it's good, too. First time I made it, he called his brother and said 'I just had my first sandwich in 23 years.' Make round patties and sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds for hamburger or hot dog buns."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients35 m servings 154
Original recipe yields 8 servings (16 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with rimmed edges with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites and salt in a bowl. Whip until very stiff.
- Combine egg yolks and cream cheese in a separate bowl; mix well. Add psyllium husk powder and baking soda; stir to combine. Folk yolk mixture into beaten egg whites.
- Pour 1/2 the dough onto 1 prepared baking sheet. Make round patties from the other 1/2 of the dough on the other prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until light brown, about 25 minutes. Cut sheet of bread into squares to use for sandwiches.
- Cook's Note:
- I usually pour half into a parchment paper lined cookie sheet with raised sides. The other half I make round "pancake like" patties. I sprinkle poppy seeds and sesame seeds onto the rounds and use them for hamburger or hot dog buns. Bake at 325 degrees F for 25 minutes until light brown. Cut the cookie sheet rectangle into squares for sandwiches.
Per Serving: 154 calories; 13.5 2.3 6.8 170 391 Full nutrition