Low-Carb-Friendly Chicken Parmesan
made it | 0 reviews |
"A lighter version of the traditional classic. I really like cheese so I have a little extra slice of provolone on top of my chicken, but for those looking to trim the fat and calories, you can leave that out of the recipe. This dish goes well with a small serving of whole wheat angel hair pasta and steamed broccoli."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 264 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, thyme, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small dish.
- Whisk egg whites together in a shallow bowl. Coat each chicken breast in egg whites and roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray; set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until coating starts to brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and transfer chicken to the dish. Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce over each chicken breast. Cover sauce with a slice of provolone cheese. Use the remaining sauce to cover the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 264 calories; 10 g fat; 12 g carbohydrates; 32.4 g protein; 76 mg cholesterol; 630 mg sodium. Full nutrition