Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 154
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Mash black beans with a fork until chunky but not totally smooth.
- Combine onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute vegetable mixture until softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a food processor; pulse for 1 to 2 minutes. Mix into black beans. Mix in ground lentils and egg. Add cumin, chili powder, and paprika. Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Shape cooled mixture into patties. Arrange on the baking sheet.
- Bake until browned, 10 to 15 minutes per side.
- Cook's Notes:
- Substitute eggplant for the mushrooms if preferred. You can use any dry ingredient, it doesn't have to be lentils.
- You can use your mixture right away but they hold together better if refrigerated.
- Instead of baking the burgers, you can sear them on medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil, about 3 minutes per side.
Per Serving: 154 calories; 3.2 23.3 9.4 20 233 Full nutrition