Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 354
Original recipe yields 18 servings (2 loaves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and lightly flour 2 loaf pans.
- Combine flour, white sugar, orange zest, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and ginger in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add pumpkin, oil, milk, and 1/4 cup orange juice; beat on medium speed until combined. Add the flour mixture in 2 batches, blending well after each addition. Pour batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Turn loaves onto a rack to finish cooling, about 20 minutes more.
- Mix confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and 2 teaspoons orange juice until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle over the bread. Top with freshly grated cinnamon.
You might also like
Per Serving: 354 calories; 11.1 60.3 4.8 42 355 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Overall this is very good, with a nice balance of orange and pumpkin flavors, however it does need some tweaking to be 5 star. 3 cups of sugar was far too sweet for this family, next time will s...