Rustic Rib-Eye on Ciabatta
0 made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 58 m servings 691
Original recipe yields 6 servings (6 sandwiches)
- Coat steaks with 1 tablespoon butter each; season with salt and pepper. Place each steak in a vaccum-seal bag. Seal the bags and place in a water bath with a sous vide cooker inserted. Set temperature to 130 degrees F (54 degrees C); cook until firm and reddish-pink and juicy in the center, about 1 hour.
- Combine 1 tablespoon butter, garlic oil, and brown sugar in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Place onion into the pan in a single layer; cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook, adding a splash of water if needed, until onions are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Combine pesto sauce, mayonnaise, and lime juice in a bowl. Stir until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Stir melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt together in a bowl. Brush mixture over both halves of the bread. Place bread on a baking sheet; add Muenster cheese to 1 piece.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove 1 steak from the bag and cook on the grill pan until nicely browned, about 1 minute per side. Repeat with the remaining steaks. Let rest until set, about 5 minutes. Slice thinly against the grain.
- Spread pesto mixture over the bread; add the steak and browned onions. Cut sandwich into 6 pieces.
Per Serving: 691 calories; 46.1 42.6 26.4 105 880 Full nutrition